Assistive Technology of Alaska (ATLA) is Alaska’s only comprehensive assistive technology (AT) resource center. AT can be the key to greater independence and productivity for people in their home, school, community, and/or place of employment. ATLA provides demonstrations, information, and device loans to help Alaskans make informed decisions and select the AT that best meets their needs.
To enhance the quality of life for Alaskans through assistive technology.
ATLA is a nonprofit organization specializing in assessments, assistive technology, and technology training services. We work with government, business, education, health services organziations, and individuals to provide accessible and cost-effective technology solutions to promote independent living and success.
Our agency believes in the right of consumers to make informed choices. We also believe that everyone should:
• have the opportunity to achieve his or her maximum potential.
• have the opportunity to share knowledge, express feelings, and be heard.
• be able to actively participate in his or her own learning.
• have access to the tools that can provide them with a way to read, write, communicate, and learn.
• work in partnership to effectively enhance an individual’s quality of life through independence.
“Communication is the essence of human life.” – (Daniel Webster)
ATLA provides information, resources, demonstrations, loans, and the ability to purchase the following devices and/or software:
• Aids for daily living
• Aids for Blindness & Low Vision
• Augmentative or Alternative Communication (AAC) devices
• Computer access devices and software
• Devices for Deaf & Hard of Hearing
• Aids for Environmental Controls
• Aids for educational needs
Filed under: About Us | Comments Off