Funding of AT for Employment

///Funding of AT for Employment
Funding of AT for Employment 2016-10-29T00:58:14+00:00

Funding of Assistive Technology for Employment

How to get Funding for Workplace Accommodations

Accommodations Fact Sheet Series: Funding Tips

This publication by Job Accommodation Network (JAN) summarizes funding search tips and describes some of the most frequent types of organizations and groups that provide funding.

CAP: Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program

The Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program (CAP) provides assistive technology and services to people with disabilities, Federal managers, supervisors, and IT professionals. CAP provides a host of accommodation solutions and funded services to DoD Federal employees with disabilities receiving assistive technology training.

Funding Tips /Tax Incentives for Employers

Tax incentives are available to employers of individuals with disabilities. These tax incentives help cover the cost of accommodations for employees and equipment to make businesses accessible. Tax incentives available are the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), the Disabled Access Credit (DAC), and the Architectural and Transportation Barrier Removal Deduction. Additional information about tax incentives can be found at: or by contacting JAN at 1-800-526-7234 (V/TTY) or by e-mail at . For more information on these tax credit programs, contact a local Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office and visit the IRS on the Web at:

Funding Tips for Individuals

The Small Business Self-Employment Service (SBSES) is a service of the Office of Disability Employment Policy of the U.S. Department of Labor that provides comprehensive information, counseling, and referrals about self-employment and small business ownership opportunities for people with disabilities. Some of the benefits of self-employment or small business include working at home, control of your work schedule, and independent decision -making. The SBSES is staffed by the Office of Disability Employment Policy’s JAN. SBSES can be reached by e-mail at or on the Web at:

Resize Font