Are there Assistive Technology Products I can Borrow?
ATLA offers short term equipment loans to all Alaska residents. Loans may be requested to assist in decision making, to serve as a loaner while the borrower’s own device is being repaired, or to conduct training, self-education, and similar professional development activities.
- You must be a resident of Alaska.
- The equipment you borrow must remain in Alaska for the duration of the loan.
- You must notify ATLA of any change of address or contact information while borrowing equipment.
- The length of a loan is two weeks. Loans may be extended another two weeks (to a maximum of 4 total weeks) depending on availability.
- The equipment remains the property of ATLA and must be returned in the condition in which it was loaned out.
- In the event of failure, damage, or loss of the equipment, the borrower must notify ATLA and comply with ATLA’s instructions regarding repairs.
- If ATLA determines damage occurred as a result of negligent use, the borrower will be responsible for the cost of the repair or replacement of the equipment.
- Borrowed equipment may not be loaned, sold, or otherwise disposed of or used by persons other than the borrower/intended user(s) without the express written approval of ATLA.