Who We Are
Assistive Technology of Alaska (ATLA) is Alaska’s only comprehensive assistive technology (AT) resource center. Our statewide services are available for Alaskans of all ages and disabilities, or for those who are recuperating from an injury or illness and need temporary solutions. ATLA’s experienced staff is ready to help explore equipment from the beginning to the end of the process. Assistive Technology Specialists help identify equipment options, features, and modifications for your purpose at school, work, or in life.
Our organization believes in the right of consumers to make informed choices. We also believe that everyone should:
- Have the opportunity to achieve his or her maximum potential.
- Have the opportunity to share knowledge, express feelings, and be heard.
- Be able to actively participate in his or her own learning experience.
- Have access to the tools that can provide them with a way to read, write, communicate, and learn.
- Work in partnership to effectively enhance an individual’s quality of life through independence.